Saturday, February 11, 2012

The one with Adult Fun

There's a special type of joy which comes with re-vamping childhood fun to meet Adult-fun guidelines. I was out with some co-workers last night & had the opportunity to play bar-tender for a bit. I would have suspected that my over-ambitious mind would have created some terribly complex & equally unsatisfying concoction; however, that was not in the cards yesterday. Instead, I created my new go-to-FAVORITE drink!
I'm calling it a lemon-lime squeeze, & it's so simple & delicious. The moment I tasted it, it brought me back to middle school when we would get out of sports & walk down to the corner store to grab a Slush Puppie. You remember them, they came in the machine where you pumped whatever flavor you wanted into a cup before puling a lever which dispensed white sweet-frozen-liquid which turned whatever color the flavor you chose was. The machine looked a little like this -- circa 1999:
This drink tasted EXACTLY like the Lemon-Lime slush puppy. Dangerously easy to drink, & sincerely delicious! I took 2 lemon wedges & two lime wedges, squeezed them into a pint glass with ice, filled it 1/3 way with vodka (I have a heavy hand...) & topped it with tonic. By the end of the night I had several other people hooked, I highly recommend you try! & If you happen to remember Slush Puppies, even more fun!! :) Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Needed to compose you a very little word to thank you yet again regarding the nice suggestions you’ve contributed here.
    anal

    ReplyDelete