Monday, December 13, 2010

The one with greek yogurt...

I Love breakfast, I've said it before, but I absolutely LOVE it! Most mornings I'm eager to get ou the door & have some fruit or a quick omelette; however, this morning I had an overwhelming urge for yogurt. And not just any yogurt: greek yogurt! My favourite producer is Stony Field Farms. Oikos is Stony Field Farms' label for Greek yogurt; their plain is to die for!


The simple joy of greek yogurt & honey....that creamy & tart taste with unbelievable smoothness & subtle sweet. It is the perfect balance of sweet & tart, pure healthy simplicity & decadence. I only ever discovered Stony Field Farms because it's very nearby one of my good friend's hometown; she convinced me to try it, & I was HOOKED! StonyField Farms is all organic; if you don't understand that, check out the FAQ. What you need to know, is it's better for you & better for the environment -- read sustainability -- everyone wins!!


The site quotes "Greek yogurt has an incredibly rich & creamy texture, about twice the protein
of regular yogurt, less lactose, and fewer carbs. So it's no wonder Greek is flying off the shelves".
I couldn't agree more, it's filling, it's an incredible source of lean protein, adds creaminess to dishes without adding fat (did I mention it's Fat FREE!) The texture, creaminess, & taste of Greek yogurt are comprable to none!



The fabulous thing is that yogurt can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. As Simple as just Honey (how adorable is the Honey Jar below!) Or add some nice Strawberries or Mango!


Another favourite addtion is Kashi Go Lean cereal! Another wonderful source of pure goodness & protein!

The Oikos website had dozens of recipes which are tantalizing & healthy; such being smoked salmon spread, spicy flatbread pizza, Tazatziki (YUMMM), Cheesecake with lemon curd, and so much more! Check out their recipe section & discover the joy of Greek yogurt yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment