Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Best Year Ever

Today I was a part of a huge seminar called "Have Your Best Year Ever": it was more of a hit than I had anticipated! The event was a huge professional success, which I'm proud of; however, the biggest win was that it helped me to re-assess and re-engage my dedication to integrity.

I've gotten away from writing daily here, & that is one thing which I value. I don't want to see an entire month go by when I don't write; yet, by choosing day after day that I "don't have time" this happens. It is so easy to get caught up in what is important in any given moment, that we lose track of the things which we really care about making time for. This is where the importance of priortizing, conciously allocating our time, & discipling our actions becomes so vital.



One of the speakers was Casey Cunningham, the co-founder of XINNIX & a nationally recognized speaker. Both in content & delivery, her presentation resonated with me. Live with Passion. One book she referenced was The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, this is a book which I read in college, & was motivated by at the time. Unfortuantely, without action, motivation lasts less than 24 hours. The reference to this book (which I highly suggest reading) re-energized my desire to conciously take control of my life.

A few of the very actionable tips we received are as follows:

Formula for Success:
A few Simple decisions repeated daily

"A mission statement are Dreams connected to Action"

"Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny"
- Author unknown
Ask yourself this question, what are you passionate about? Without passion in our lives, there is no possibility for it to have nearly the joy it could if we followed what enthralls us.

Casey spoke about learning to give, & that's what it comes down to; no matter what our passion, we'll achieve more if we're helping others. She also emphasized the importance of learning to give -- life is not a competition: there is more than enough money to be earned, friends to be had, health to be enjoyed, & love to be embraced for everyone you could meet & share with. We should be ecstatically looking for opportunites to share our best practices with others, it is all about the "Gift of giving".

Our life is soley a product of what we choose to make it; today, I am re-dedicating myself to who I am, what I want my life to be. Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment