Friday, March 18, 2011

The one for Japan

Words cannot begin to describe the shock, horror, & sorrow which have passed through my mind over the last week since the Earthquake & successive Tsunami in Japan. This is devastation to a magnitude which is entirely incomprehensible for anyone outside of the affected area. I get goosebumps every time I think of the immense loss of life; it's terrible.

What does give me hope, is the human spirit to help one another. Below is a picture of a LivingSocial deal which was today. You could donate $5 to the Red Cross relief effort in Japan, & LivingSocial would match your donation. Before 9AM the total was already above $1,360,000!!! If that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is.

I found this page on MSN, & it helps to bring to light the complete devastation the Japanese are facing now. I hope you'll gain something from this, my sincerest thoughts & prayers go to the victims & family of those affected, as well as all of Japan.

Japan: Before & After the Disaster

1 comment: