Monday, January 2, 2012

The one with Goyte

Over New Years I discovered my new obsession, two separate artist who come together to create one amazing song/video. Goyte is this man who seems tormented within, a depressed singer of ballads who I simply can't get enough of! One of his better known works is "Hearts a Mess". Kimbra, in contrast, is this beautiful, wild woman who sings & dances with free levity. A good example of her work is her song/video "Settle Down". What they do have in common is lovely voices which speak volumes more than the words they pronounce. The song "Somebody that I used to know" is sensational at the least! It's a story, a tragedy, a song which gets trapped in your head. I truly enjoy the Dubstep remix, but the official video is what really brings it all together.
His raw honesty conveyed through his eerily green eyes
Their stark disconnect yet union
There are so much delicious layers to it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment