Sunday, March 11, 2012

The one where I'm back on track

Today has been a exhilarating & energizing day -- & it was only a lazy Sunday! :) I started by saying in bed (with a short interim to make breakfast & return to eat it) until 2PM. My sleep deprived self appreciated this rest immensely. Once 2PM struck, I had promised myself I would be productive. I got up, got dressed & ran into Hoboken, for my 1st day at the new gym I signed up for. I've always been an avid supporter & believer in the positive impact working out properly has on your life; but today has really confirmed all of my suspicions.

The burn of feeling my muscles work within me made me feel so ALIVE! I was energized & refreshed, I felt like I could scale mountains! I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

To top off the excellent mood I was in, I decided to make a tasty-healthy meal after I got back from my 2-hour-gym-rendezvous.
I started with a very simple kale salad, with slivered almonds, extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Next time I think I'll add dried cranberries! The crunchy earthiness of kale is so tasty!
Directly after enjoying my kale salad, I remembered my idea of searing kale with olive oil & garlic over brown rice... Next time! I instead made cous cous! I love the versatility of this fluffy little grain. I decided to pair it with a touch of extra fruity olive oil & Hibachi-style zucchini & onions. The only thing I was left wanting was a touch more of a protein presence, but Cous cous does provide a good portion. My dinner was tasty & satisfying.... I'm planning on tea later with a movie -- I have no doubt that it will be a comforting end to an uplifting day! :)

I'm looking forward to continuing my gym & healthy-cooking habits in order to get back into V-mode! Andiamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment