Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The one with Buttery-Limoncello Cookies

I was struck today with a baking idea (dangerous ones those are), to make a light butter cookie...& then to use a Limoncello cream filling to make delightful cookie sandwiches.
Well.....ideas are rarely as easy execute as they are to come by. The first batch of cookies I made were to crisp: they wouldn't facilitate biting into if a filling were between them. I tweaked the recipe & baking conditions slightly & was able to get more of a chewy cookie. Check numero uno.
Next was for the filling. This proved to be a frustrating as well as sugar-over-loading test. The first heavy-cream based which chocolate ganache proved to be too soupy due to the vast differences between white & semi-sweet chocolate. The second was thicker, but still held no form similar to the cream texture which I had envisioned. Finally I stumbled across the idea of ditching my vision of a cookie sandwich & instead decided to try a Limoncello glaze. BINGO! It set well & rang true to the taste of Limoncello. IN my first batch I simply drizzled the glaze on; however, I didn't think the Limoncello taste translated strong enough. On a secondary attempt, I dipped them & found utter spring heaven via cookie format.
Lesson of the day? If at first you don't succeed......try something else! Lol & then enjoy the sweet victors of your efforts :)


No comments:

Post a Comment