Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The one with Haunting treats

I find joy in the simplest of things, it's an incurable affliction. So when my office announced that there would be a small Halloween lunch get-together, I naturally started planning out what tricks & treats I would bring to the celebration.

The idea which originally struck me was Disneyworld's Haunted Mansion, & they're quirky-humorous gravestones which line the entryway & leave only traces of a spooky element. Thanks to GoogleChrome, I came up with a slew of ideas within minutes, & happy created the sweets you'll see before you. I find myself often concerned with making consideration for everyone in projects like this, so I made both a vanilla & a devil-food cake. First they got a nice earthen-like frosting of vanilla, next a sprinkle of crumbled oreo cookies (no cream) to continue to communicate the look of earth.

Once I was satisfied with their appearance, I began placing the gravestones (complete with humorous epitaph) into my little cupcake-cemetery. I was wildly excited with how perfectly precious they looked together.
I next did the same with my chocolate frosting..... needless to say they were the talk & enchantment of the office party!
Some of the Epitaphs read as follows:
Barry M. Deep
Real E. Old
I. B. Dead
Yul B. Next
Creek E. Bones
Ted N. Berheed
Hugh Jass
Under A. Rock
Dee Kaying
Justin Peces
M. T. Tomb
Y. Z. Stil-Livin
Les Manly
K.A. Put
Rattle M. Bones
Myra Mains
Bitby A. Snake
Lotta Dust

As for my frosting, which I insist on making from scratch (canned tastes dull & lacking integrity), it is the simplest thing ever! 3 tbsp cold butter, 1 pkg cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, 3c. confectioner sugar. Blend very well together & then you can add whatever flavors you want, almond, lemon, orange, strawberry, chocolate, etc. LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment