Sunday, October 23, 2011

The one where we danced

Sometimes I idolize traveling, specifically Italy & forget that we find joy where we make space for it. You don't need to go far in order to find excitement, you don't need to be doing something grand in order to be amused, & as long as you're in the company of people who matter to you, you don't need anything else. I was out casually this weekend with my boyfriend & his friends. The bars we were at weren't terribly happening, there was nothing particularly special about them & a good portion of the night was spent looking for other people. But at one point, my bf brought me to the downstairs of one bar to show me around. There weren't more than a dozen people there, dead by all accounts. Suddenly one of my favorite current songs came on & I quite literally burst into dance. there was no one else dancing, but I couldn't see beyond my bf & me. We danced with complete delight, he twirled me around, & we kissed like giddy teenagers. It was marvelous being detached from the rest of the world for those few minutes, & then we simply went back upstairs. My mind keeps going back to that dance. It's how I continue to think about it that makes me realize it's little moments like that which you hold onto in life. Those memories which you can look back on & you can't help but smile, I wouldn't give them up for any alternative.

"Feel your heartbeat in the night....It's the way I'm feeling, I just can't deny...."

No comments:

Post a Comment