Thursday, November 11, 2010

The one where it's casual

Yesterday our corporate office sent out an email to all, it was rather simple, but very exciting: "Casual dress for the remainder of the week". Pause for extreme excitement!!! The one other announcement which could top a break from business attire is the elusive Adult Snow Day, & even the chance for that is still months away. You may laugh, but in the moment, those two informative emails may be more conducive to an "F'ing Right!" than a raise.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dressing up in pretty dresses, pencil skirts, & my work-appropriate stilettos....but every once in a while it's just FUN to break the cycle!
So today---though I rarely wear them, it was a jeans day. I threw on my favorite Citizens (I swear brand was made to hug my body) with a long-sleeve black Ralph Lauren knit top, my armani exchange slate-grey army-style cropped jacket & slouchy Steve Madden leather flat boots pulled over my jeans. Leaving the jacket open, I turned a long multi-layered necklace into a short even more dynamic necklace by looping it. I was ready to rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment