Thursday, November 4, 2010

The one with Lil Weezy

As many know, Lil Wayne has been set free from jail today!!! It has provided me with bursts of excitement throughout the day. I've said before how much I admire & fully LOVE Lil Wayne's musical genius, but I don't believe it's something I can say enough!

Today I was sporting an outfit which was sexy to say the least, but I realized half way through the day, it reminded me of one of those Hell's Angels themes you see in the On Fire music video-- a little more professional for work of course! I had a tight black pencil skirt a few inches above the knee, a black Cami tucked into the skirt, black patterned stockings, black knee-high leather stilettos, & a cobalt blue shoulder sweater & dainty jewelry -- so much fun!

The On Fire video is dynamic, sexy, & ROCK, you must see it!

Back to Mr. Carter, the respect I have for him simply for the pure integrity of MAKING his career happen; I can only aspire! Apparently, when he was trying to get his name out, he would call record companies & leave rap-messages on their voicemail -- fantastic! The fact that he has become such an iconic artist, & has made a Rap-Rock fusion, that is an accomplishment enough, yet we all know he has so much more in store for his career! The brilliance of his time in jail is a true testament that the sky is not even the limit. He lost NO momentum during his eight months in jail...if anything, he may have gotten hotter!

Rebirth has been my favorite album thus far...I can blast & rock out to it in my car ANY day! I'm sad to say I have yet to check out I am not a Human Being, but I will very shortly be diving deep into it & will get back on my analysis ;) What I love about Rebirth is that it is dynamic, homogeneous in its juxtapositions, lyrically intelligent, & displays a superior level of music execution which is generally overlooked & underrated. I am adamently anticipating what is in store for the next few months!

My full dedication & Love goes to Dwayne Michael Carter today!

Below are some of the very well known songs I love as well as some of the slightly more obscure, check 'em out!

The Obvious: Down, Duffel Bag Boy, Every Girl, Forever, Hey DJ, Lollipop

Others I truly LOVE: American Star, I'm at war, Miss me, Mrs. Officer, No Love, One Way Trip, Runnin, See you in my Nightmare, Something you forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment