Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The one with S'mores which are Brownies!

Of all the iconic summer traditions which makes America so homey & welcoming, I love S'mores with the unadulterated joy of a child. According to Wikipedia, the first recorded mention of S'mores was in a Girl Scouts publication from 1927: this would not surprise my in the least as most of my Girl-Scouting memories include a campfire & those delicious treats! So, as we were baking for the 4th, they came to my mind & I decided to add a little Americana twist!

First I crumbled some graham crackers in the bottom of a glass pan & browned in the over for approximately 6 minutes:
After mixing up my favorite Brownie batter, I poured it over the graham crackers & baked it. Once it was out of the oven, I turned the oven to Broil, sprinkled mini-marshmallows over the top, & put back in the oven for another 5-6 minutes. As you can see from below, before they were even cool they had been thoroughly demolished! These were chewy, chocolaty, crunchy, & marshmallowy!
This was a perfectly irresistible creation which I look forward to repeating soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment