Sunday, June 12, 2011

The one with MET-foolishness





Today I met up with one of my girlfriends & my cousin in the City to check out the MET - specifically the Alexander McQueen exhibit: Savage Beauty. I was enraptured entirely by his brilliance; though, it did have to be audibly noted while praising him, that this is the type of genius which can only occur when directly preceding an artistic demise. I can best detail the exhibit as a whole, by stating that the "Jack the Ripper stalks his victims" collection was able to capture his unraveling: it was the collected calm drive of a man who knows his fate and knows the actions he must consequently take. Atmospheric tension simply walking through tickled my imagination & lifted hairs upon my arms. Even now, late in the day, his work which I saw this morning floats about my mind.



Once we had successfully see what we had set out for, the rest of the day was for gaiety. Via pictoral dialogue we learned the following thigns to be true:




Dirty street pretzels make me inexplicably happy - always with Starbucks!




Sculptures placed on the top of the MET were put there strictly to play with!


We were clearly NOT Egyptians in a past life





This guy understands the meaning of Pain






Whether Thai, Italian, Hummus, etc. Grom is hte best ending to any meal -- Perfetto!




No matter how gorgeous the heel, you're not making it more than 2 hours in the concrete jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment