Friday, October 8, 2010

The one with Celebrating Life

Today was an overly-busy and moderatly hectic Friday; what is also was, is the day-before-what-would-have-been John Lennon's 70th Brithday. In celbration of his life & work, Google put up one of their iconic designs, but also a really fun youtube montage of his drawings to his music. It's brilliance speaks for itself: http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TYHCeUfoAnw#!



Later in the day, as I went to drive home, it was the perfect sunny Fall afternoon, so I rolled down my windows & put back the sunroof on my beautiful Red little MINI (who's name is Frederick), threw on the big D&G sunglasses, turned up "The White Album" which happened to be in my car, and rocked out to "Back in the USSR" -- such an idyllic moment!



My current Blackberry screen is of the John Lennon Memorial in Central Park, I was walking by on one of those strange moments when no-one was there, & had to take the picture! The thing is, Life is about those little moments: the ones where you just enjoy & appreciate what we have, where we are. I think Lennon could agree that happiness, simple joys, & especially the coming together of people in the spirit of Peace & Rock 'n Roll is well worth our attention. Let's face it, being able to celebrate a single person's life, works, & passion is quite inspiring.





"Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take the sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be Free
Black...bird...Fly"

No comments:

Post a Comment