Sunday, October 17, 2010

The one with the walk for Birthdays

Today I walked with my Aunt, her friend, & several co-workers, who are quite closer to friends, in the American Cancer Society's Strides against breast cancer walk in Point Pleasant, NJ.


My Aunt Pat & I

I was quite nervous for this walk, as it was first I've participated in since my grandmother (Neena) died of cancer three years ago Oct. 11Th. My Aunt is a cancer survivor, & we were worried it would be a little too much...I'm so grateful that I did what I felt was right & went...

Over 10,000 people showed up for this event; in & of itself, this was an incredibly moving presence. I was surprised to find that we didn't speak much about or mourn over our loved ones we miss. Instead, it was a celebration of life! We were a Goliath of collective positive force moving towards a permanent cure.

\

The woman in the Pink shirt slight to the left is my co-worker Patty, who returned from a long leave of absence due to her fight against cancer -- we're so thankful she won!

We walked along the boardwalk, but there were so many people some were on the beach!

The ACS advertisements which I've been seeing lately couldn't be more ingenious! "Official Sponsor of more Birthdays" It takes a topic so historically bleak, and gives it the epitome of hope! It is implementing in a way I love the Law of Attraction (look it up if you don't know it). The logo below is linked to the ACS "Birthdays" website which is a collaborative effort to be commended & a true source of inspiration.

Today I rediscovered that one way or another, I'm confident we'll make it to our finish-line

No comments:

Post a Comment