Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The one where she dresses for the season

Fall is the top of my list for favorite times of the year. It's still nice & sunny, but the cool fall breeze melts away the heat of summer. You smell crisp leaves, cut wood, & the sweetness of in-season ripe fruit on the air; it's the perfect time of year for a long walk, hike, or picnic. I love being outside, but in order for there to be play time, there has to be work too -- this leads way for even more Fall fun -- Fashion!



I love that during this sometimes chill but still warm season, you start getting the urge to pull out your most comfortable sweaters -- the ones you can just curl up in front of a fire in. But we can't just throw a big sweater over just anything! This is where it becomes fun!




Today I paired an off-white Ralph Lauren Sweater (similar to the one pictured below, but shorter)






With tight Black Pants (which my friends & I refer to as "The Pants", Yes, there are stories about them). Below is a pair from Armani Exchange which is similar -- they're not leggings, just very tight pants.




Finally, I finished it off with a pair of shin-high Black leather boots which, of course, were over the pants. It gave the outfit a very elongated look with the slouchy sweater topping it off; it was sophisticated & chill, very sexy! I realized going through my closet later though that booties would be perfect with this outfit & this temperment as well! Below are a pair of Banana Republic high boots which I love, and a pair of equally fun Steve Madden booties:





Put these together in your head & you'll have the excellence which I experianced today...it was warm & comfortable, Sexy & feminine, flattered me & turned a few heads. A cross between the friendly next-door neighbor you've known for years and Le Femme Nikita. Most importantly, it made me feel fantastic.




Finding ways to mesh the uber comfortable with the sexy is exciting for me! It make me smile when I'm complimented, & compels me to hold my head just a touch higher as I walk down the street. Fall is my inspiration to juxtapose pieces which are stylistically diverse, what will you find this season?


Links:

6 comments: